Why do your PADI Open Water Diver course with Dive College?
Unique beachside location offering easy access to a beautiful natural reef (360º view)
Team of experienced instructors – thousands of students have already been taught by us
Courses available in your own language
Free transport service to and from your hotel in Playa Blanca
Onsite training pool, modern classroom and great dive sites in front of the dive centre
Flexible planning – structure the course around your holiday
Opportunity to do the last dive from the boat
All facilities (toilets, shower, changing rooms etc.) available onsite
Complete your course in a safe, relaxed and fun atmosphere!
The PADI Open Water Diver course is the most popular dive course in the world! You will learn the fundamentals of scuba diving, including dive theory and dive skills and get to make some great dives. With PADI Open Water Diver license you are allowed to dive anywhere in the world with a certified buddy.
Depth: max. 18 m.
Duration: 3-4 days
Before we start
Everybody who is in good health, reasonably fit, and comfortable in the water can earn a PADI Open Water Diver certification (minimum age 10 years).
- Pool sessions to learn the basic scuba skills
- Diving theory using DVD and manual or online
- Four dives in the sea on the house reef in front of the dive centre
- Possibility to do to the last dive of the course as a boat dive so you gain extra experience
Theory: start online!
To do the theory, there are different options:
- You can do the theory when you are here.
- You can order the e-book in advance and already prepare at home.
- You can start the theory online now with PADI e-learning.
Want to do a private course? It is possible with Dive College Lanzarote. Contact us for more information
OPTION 1: THEORY HERE
- You choose this option when you want to do the complete PADI Open Water Diver course in Lanzarote. With this option you either already have your PADI manual or you buy this when you arrive here (38 euro). This option costs 410 euro (excl. manual).
OPTION 2: eBOOK
- With this option you already get the PADI e-book and start your course today. This saves you time on your holiday. You will watch the DVD and do the quizzes and exam when you are here. After we receive your payment (49 euro) we register you on the PADI website and you will receive a login code from PADI to download your eBook. When you are here you will get a discount on your course and only pay 396 euro. This option costs 445 euro (49 euro for the e-book and 396 euro for the course).
OPTION 3: THEORY AT HOME
- When you choose this option you already complete all the theory at home with PADI Open Water Touch. This way you only need to do the pool sessions and 4 dives when you are here. You pay 90 euro in advance. We will register you on the PADI website and you will receive a login code from PADI to start your online course. When you are here you will get a discount on your course and only pay 380 euro. This option costs 470 euro (90 euro for the online course and 380 euro for the course).
Three of our group (16, 18 & 18 yo) did their PADI Open Water qualifications last week with Giaco (pronounced “Jacko”). Giaco was an amazing instructor. He made the whole experience interesting, fun and above all, safe.
My wife and I did a refresher dive with Bob who again, was an informative, knowledgeable and helpful dive master. We finally did the Museum dive together.
We all had a great time and would thoroughly recommend Dive College.