Why do your IDC with Dive College Lanzarote?
- Groups are small. Therefore more personal attention to make sure each candidate meets all the requirements to succeed.
- Team of experienced instructors with a CD and MI who both have years of practical experience in teaching PADI programs.
- IDC in English but Dutch and German candidates can do their briefings and presentations in their own language.
- On-site training pool, modern classroom and great dive sites in front of the dive center.
- Theory classes, confined lessons and open water dives are all within walking distance.
- All facilities (toilets, shower etc.) available onsite including a place to leave dive equipment.
- Accommodation can be arranged close to the dive centre. Otherwise we offer free transport service to and from your hotel in Playa Blanca.
- Complete your IDC in a relaxed and fun atmosphere!
The IDC (Instructor Development course) will prepare you to work as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor. It further develops your leadership and teaching abilities to the instructor level and prepares you to teach PADI programmes. You can prepare this course online with PADI eLearning. Start in your own time to be ready for your IDC. As a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor you can conduct the entire range of PADI experience programs and PADI diver programs, from Open Water Diver through to Divemaster.
Duration: 10 days
Before we start
- PADI Divemaster, or leadership level with another diver training organization.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months.
- You need to have been a certified diver for at least six months and logged at least 60 open water dives with experience in night, deep and navigation. Before you can do the Instructor Examination you need at least 100 dives.
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care course completion (or qualifying training) within the last 24 months.
During the PADI Instructor Development course we teach you the PADI System of diver education as well as PADI standards and procedures. You will learn about academic teaching presentations, teaching in confined water, conducting open water training dives and additional related topics.
After the successful completion of the IDC, you must successfully complete the PADI Instructor Examination (IE). You will be evaluated on: dive theory, academic teaching, confined water (pool) teaching, open water teaching and general diving skills and professionalism. The IE is conducted by PADI Instructor Examiners from PADI Europe's head office.