PADI Assistant instructor course
With this course, you will already do the first part of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC). You’ll not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional but you’ll also continue learning the PADI System of diver education. As an Assistant Instructor, you can teach academic presentations and evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor. Also, you can teach some PADI Specialty courses and conduct PADI Discover Scuba experiences.
Duration: 3-4 days
Before we start
- PADI Divemaster, or leadership level with another diver training organization.
- Be at least 18 years.
- You need a minimum of 60 logged open water dives with experience in deep, night and navigation.
- You must have been a certified diver for at least 6 months.
- Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months.
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care course completion (or qualifying training) within the last 24 months.
You will learn how to organise a confined water or open water diver training session. How to do briefings for courses, how to demonstrate skills and work on problem-solving with students. You will learn how to structure theory presentations and prepare your own presentations. Also, we will review and refine water and rescue skills and do some informative workshops.