PADI Instructor Development course
The IDC (Instructor Development course) will prepare you to work as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor. It further develops your leadership and teaching abilities to the instructor level and prepares you to teach PADI programmes. You can prepare this course online with PADI eLearning. Start in your own time to be ready for your IDC. As a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, you can conduct the entire range of PADI experience programs and PADI diver programs, from Open Water Diver through to Divemaster.
Duration: 10 days
Before we start
- PADI Divemaster, or leadership level with another diver training organization.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months.
- You need to have been a certified diver for at least six months and logged at least 60 open water dives with experience in night, deep and navigation. Before you can do the Instructor Examination you need at least 100 dives.
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care course completion (or qualifying training) within the last 24 months.
During the PADI Instructor Development course, we teach you the PADI System of diver education as well as PADI standards and procedures. You will learn about academic teaching presentations, teaching in confined water, conducting open water training dives and additional related topics.
After the successful completion of the IDC, you must successfully complete the PADI Instructor Examination (IE). You will be evaluated on: dive theory, academic teaching, confined water (pool) teaching, open water teaching and general diving skills and professionalism. The IE is conducted by PADI Instructor Examiners from PADI Europe’s head office.